06 Aug Covid Update – 14th May 2020
COVID-19 update May 14, 2020 Notice to Family and Support People
As we move to Alert Level 2 we continue to have measures at Higher Ground to guard against the spread of COVID-19, including no attendance at community meetings and Multiple Family Group sessions until further notice.
We follow government rules to restrict only 10 visitors at any one time with an appointment to access Higher Ground.
Any other visits will be only be in an emergency and by appointment only.
We want to make sure Higher Ground is safe for our residents.
The measures include:
- Visiting or admissions to Higher Ground are by appointment only.
- One meter social distancing from all staff and residents is required.
- Any visitors that have flu, colds or any respiratory symptoms are not to enter Higher Ground. Any visitor or staff member that presents as unwell will be declined entry.
- Overnight and weekend stays for children are prohibited until further notice.
- Remember use the hand sanitizers available upon arrival and departure from the facility.
We know these measures may be isolating for some families / whānau. While they may cause a degree of disruption, it is the right thing to do in the face of this pandemic. We will support our residents and their families / whānau in any way we can to help them remain as connected as possible.