06 Aug Covid Update 24th March 2020
COVID-19 update March 24, 2020 Notice to Family and Support People
We are introducing new measures at Higher Ground to guard against the spread of COVID-19, including no visits, no attendance at community meetings and Multiple Family Group sessions until further notice.
Any visits will be only be in an emergency and by appointment only.
We are following government advice to restrict visitor access to Higher Ground. We want to make sure Higher Ground is safe for our residents.
The new measures include:
- No visiting or admissions to Higher Ground
- Overnight and weekend stays for children are prohibited until further notice
- All leave for residents put on hold.
- We are adding a security check at Higher Ground reception, any visitor or staff member that presents as unwell will be declined entry.
- Residents will be given more opportunities to connect with family members via phone (e.g. phone-calls, Skype, Facetime etc).
- You are required to inform staff if you have returned from overseas in the last month
- Remember use the hand sanitizers available upon arrival and departure from the facility.
We know these measures may be isolating for some residents. While they may cause a degree of disruption, we think it is the right thing to do in the face of this pandemic. We will support our residents and their families in any way we can to help them remain as connected as possible.